Tuesday 13 December 2016

Oremi Innocence

Sourced from 'Longest Ride' the movie
I have stolen the innocence from between us
That we no longer love like children
I have stolen the innocence from between us
That we now crave that we are together alone
Every time our eyes meet
It's like we say a thousand words to each other
And yet it feels like we have said nothing
I have stolen the innocence from our hearts
Now I feel the sting of regret
And I miss your laughter
I miss the way you used to look at me
Uncertain of whether or not the innocence was worth keeping
Until I stole the innocence from between us
Oremi, perhaps saying sorry won't fix it
But I assure you that I regret that we no longer love like children
That we no longer are
Perhaps
Perhaps
Perhaps, this innocence was the only thing between us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from 'Abali'

I want to fall madly in love with soccer. I want to know the chest beat that the last few minutes bring. I want to be genuinely excited abou...