Monday 29 February 2016

Reflected Anticipation

Zakhele Nkosi
          by Zakhele Nkosi and Nnanna Ikpo

Nnanna Ikpo
    They were like little glass birds in the sun And in the sun, they basked with the light shimmering through them
But each time I squinted, my lashes burned
The smoke of the pain printed on my mind
This prickly beauty that depleted me
Torn inside by the wars of such intense wonder
Like the sweet charm of growing virginity
A seed waiting to be sowed and later reaped
Painfully, painfully, like sex, poison on  a 'pen's' tip
The sunset  came upon the shores of their dreams
...what might be in store, only the glass stars could tell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from 'Abali'

I want to fall madly in love with soccer. I want to know the chest beat that the last few minutes bring. I want to be genuinely excited abou...