Wednesday 26 August 2015

Diva? DIVA

Diriye Osman. Image sourced from http://africasacountry.com

I told them my bit and dashed out

Impolite. Stunning

They tell me I’m girly

That I should walk like teerone

Hours of trials…I’m done

You take?

Take…me…

TAKE DIVA?

The Deep Internal Value Alabaster

Take that

Diva? Diva

Girly…effeminate

Forget it

Damn it

Watch, applaud, curse or simply shut your eyes

I walk in the manner I do

I smile the way I do

I’m not your tool

And I’m definitely not your fool

I don’t live in your heart

So we have to word our take on parts

But I’m me and this my truth

Girly, fierce as brut

I'm a God believer

So honey, I’m a diva


No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from 'Abali'

I want to fall madly in love with soccer. I want to know the chest beat that the last few minutes bring. I want to be genuinely excited abou...