Friday 9 August 2013

I speak of love also

I speak of love also
I speak of the times
I speak of silent rooms where tears know soil and pain knows heart
I speak of prayers that are said out of instinct
Because we are human, we can’t help it
And when I shut my eyes
I dream of a freedom to stand pure from our regrets and self-torture
To see for a fact that Nice is great and Love is light
But the clouds soon gather beneath my sun
A celestial mask to mislead me
But I know better
I know of a love also
A love that I must not see to believe
I know a brotherhood that my sacrifices can inspire
I believe in the virtue that my thoughts shall erect
And the dance whose music I can begin
And in all these
I speak of a love also
I speak of a life
I speak of a happiness that to which I can pray and drive
I speak of will and wisdom
I speak of peace

I speak of love also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Excerpt from 'Abali'

I want to fall madly in love with soccer. I want to know the chest beat that the last few minutes bring. I want to be genuinely excited abou...